If you run a factory or warehouse, building maintenance is an essential aspect that will ensure that your business does not experience any downtime, and the roof is the most important component of all, as it provides essential protection against the elements. Here are some tips to help you stay on top of your business premises roofing maintenance and avoid costly and major repairs.
- Regular Roof Inspections – The only way that you can ensure your roofing is in good condition is to have it inspected on a regular basis, and with specialist companies that are offering commercial metal roofing in Perth, an online search is all it takes to make contact with a local provider. Obviously, you cannot see every section of the roof from any ground location, which is why you should contact a local commercial roofing contractor, who would be happy to inspect the roof every few months and issue you with a detailed written report on every aspect of the roof.
- Cleaning Out Guttering – The guttering provides an essential escape route for excess rainwater and it needs to be cleaned out on a regular basis, especially if there are overhanging trees. This is something the roofing contractor would do while carrying out the roof inspection, which should happen at least twice a year.
- Storm Damage – We get our fair share of storms here in Australia, and gale force winds can send flying debris crashing into your roof, which could cause considerable damage. You should inspect the roof after every bout of bad weather, just to be on the safe side.
- Monitoring Leaks – It is always a good idea to walk around the inside of your business premises, specifically looking for leaks in the roof, and as we all know, a leaking roof is only going to get worse over time. If you spot a small leak, get in touch with a local commercial roofing company as soon as possible and they would pay you a visit and carry out effective repairs.
- Cleaning Vents & Filters – The ventilation locations on the roof are important, and, much like everything else, they do require regular cleaning. Good ventilation improves the air quality, and if you enlist the help of a local commercial roofing company, they would automatically deal with filters and ventilation ports.
- Think Insulation – Whether you are trying to retain cool air during the summer or keep out the cold in the winter, there are special protective coatings that can be applied by commercial roofing companies. First, the roof needs to be power washed, then a special insulation coating can be applied, which will save on energy costs.
The roof is the most important component of your business premises and with regular roof inspections, you can stay informed and minimise repairs, which will go a long way to ensuring that your business does not suffer any downtime due to roofing repairs.
Sourcing a commercial roofing company is easy with an online search, and once you have agreed an inspection schedule, they will make sure that your factory roof is always in tip-top condition.